Friday, March 13, 2020
Dear GCSD Parents and Families,
Gov. Gary Herbert, the Utah Department of Health and the Utah State Board of Education made the decision late this afternoon to close pre-K-12 public schools statewide in an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19. All Grand County School District campuses will be closed Monday, March 16 – March 27. Our schools will tentatively reopen on March 30, though this will be re-assessed by the state and will depend on the containment of COVID-19. Please see pertinent information about the closure provided below.
- Teachers will prepare for online instruction on Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday, March 18, online education will begin for all students in GCSD.
- Monday and Tuesday school hours will not need to be made up. Since students will begin online instruction on Wednesday, we do not anticipate the need to make up days.
Chromebooks & Internet:
- On Monday and Tuesday, administrators will create a pick-up schedule for parents who need to check out Chromebook for their students. The schedule will be shared as soon as possible, via parent link, social media and the GCSD website, https://www.grandschools.org/.
- Emery Telcom is offering free Internet until the end of the school year for families if they have a student K-12. Details of how to set this up will be provided as soon as possible.
- On Monday and Tuesday, administrators will create a lunch pick-up schedule for those in need of school lunch. The schedule will be shared as soon as possible, via parent link, social media and the GCSD website.
- No lunches will be available on Monday or Tuesday as we prepare.
Extra-Curricular Activities & Events:
- All practices, events and games are canceled during the closures.
Thank you for your cooperation and patience as we work through the logistics and details of our school district closure. We will send out regular updates and next steps in the coming days.